Latest news and updates.
Tournamatch version 2.12 is now available. This is a major update and you should back up your tournamatch directory and all “trn_” tables before performing the upgrade. This release caps off a month of development + another of automated testing coverage. The test coverage is what I’m most excited about because it really makes possible more rapid and reliable changes. I only achieved about 40% coverage, but what’s covered is probably the most important parts. A complete list of every change is below:
- Replaced team invite and join team with Invitations and Requests. All Invitations are sent via email. All requests are linked to the user requesting membership and most be approved.
- Added support for setting max entries for a tournament. Note: The signed up count (and restriction) does not account for competitors that are awaiting approval in private events. So special attention is required for fixed bracket size and “requires approval” tournaments because an admin could add more than the max.
- Added support for requiring approval to join a tournament.
- Added support for removing unresolved disputed matches.
- Added support for changing team name.
- Added support for changing a user’s display name.
- Added ladder and tournament competitions data to team profile page.
- Added CSS ids for ladder idle colors: ladder-inactive, ladder-active-last-7, ladder-active-last-14, & ladder-active-last-21
- Added support for games images with “.jpeg” extension.
- Updated team owner leaving a team; owner cannot leave team while ranked as owner. Instead he should promote another member to owner and then he may leave team.
- Fixed a bug allowing inactive ladders to display to public. Those are now correctly hidden.
- Fixed a bug causing “http://” to prepend to “https://” avatars in edit team profile.
- Fixed a bug causing the challengee to be lost when issuing a challenge from view ladder standings.
- Fixed a bug causing a broken link to be sent to challengee recipients.
- Fixed a performance issue on the edit player and team profile page related to reading the flag directory each time.
- Minor CSS tweak to ladder sign-ups.
- Removed realname from displayed. Everything related to individual players now use display_name.
- Removed the ability for individuals to use different names per competition. Individual competitions will always use his or her display name. This change was necessary to simplify team management, registration, and to add support for changing display names and team names.
- Removed match history from team profile page. This will be added back in a later update.
- Removed the ability for an admin to register players and teams for events. This will be added back in a later update.
- Removed orphan challenges, ladder entries, ladder matches, tournament entries, tournament matches and team members for ladders, tournaments and teams that had been previously deleted.
You can download the latest update using the same link provided on purchase. Feel free to reach out if you no longer have that email. Thank you and Happy Belated 2018!